Saturday, November 12, 2005

"I wanna talk about me ..."

Clemson 35 - Florida State 14
Not much more to say after that, is there? :-)

-----

Em was in the ER this morning, hopefully by now the new pain meds have kicked in. She wasn't feeling too spry earlier.

-----

I can't believe it's almost holiday time. Feels like it'll take a miracle to pull it off. But I guess it feels like that every year.

-----
The Friday Five
(on a Saturday, I'm a rebel)

1) What is your favorite noise to hear?
Laughter in my house, or the sound of rain ... just as I'm falling asleep.

2) If you could live in any era of time, what would you choose and why?
The 1950's ... Valium.
Aww, I'm only kidding. Clothing and decorating styles were so cool back then. I sure would miss my laptop, though.

3) You just found $50 while cleaning your house. Where do you decide to spend it?
First of all, I'm cleaning my house? Huh?
But if I did find $50, I'd buy something new to wear. Seems like everytime the weather changes, I have 2 halfway-decent outfits. The rest is what I refer to as "happy clothes" ... only suitable for lounging around the house with a bottle of wine.

4) What magazines to you subscribe to/read on a normal basis?
Don't subscribe to anything myself, but I gravitate toward "People" or "Us" in the doctor's office or grocery line. Hollywood gossip is one of my addictions, don't ya know.
Jimmy subscribes to "Popular Mechanics", which couldn't be more boring. And while we don't know who paid for it ... I suspect Jimmy's employer ... we get a local society magazine. That one helps me keep up with what Biff and Muffy Greenville are doing.

5) If you could witness any event in history, but not change anything about it, what would you choose and why?
Ending on a sad note, but I would love to go back to March 29, 1994 ... the day Daddy died. I wish I had said more to him those last few hours in the hospital, instead of just standing there by his bed and holding his hand. But I guess that'd be changing things, wouldn't it? I suck at these stupid questions.
OK, I'd like to go back and witness Woodstock. I always wanted to be a hippie, but I was only 10 years old in 1969.

No comments: