Wednesday, September 24, 2003

"Words can't bring me down ..."

Another beautiful day here today ... near perfect weather. Love that low humidity.


I laughed until I almost cried last night while watching "Newlyweds" when Ms. Jessica Simpson (at dinner with Nick and his brother and wife) had the following exchange over the tray of appetizers:

Jessica's sister-in-law: "Are you going to have one of those?"

Jessica looks, and says: "I don't eat buffalo."

There is a huge silence as everyone around the table processes what she just said. There is laughter from her sis-in-law, and then she says: "Jessica, that's not buffalo, it's chicken!"

The look on Jessica's face grows more and more confused as Nick and the others realize she thought buffaloes had WINGS.

And she really, really did. Whew, ain't she somethin'?


I have to be in Spartanburg by 9 AM tomorrow to continue my riveting Pharmacy Tech training. Whoopdeedo.


God, I've got to lose weight.


Thought For Today:
"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."


Emilie said...

Just wanted to say hi!
I've been really busy and feeling soooo tired lately, but I'm getting all my work done. I have slept through my 8:00 on Monday and Wednesday this week which really sucks, but I don't really have a reason to explain it. Tuesday night I actually went to bed before midnight, and still slept through my alarm, slept through Karen coming to wake me up about 3 times, and woke up at 8:30 freaking out. And I have no memory of Karen ever coming in to wake me up, even though she says I responded. Weird. I wrote my teacher two emails though just to let him know that I'm not skipping class for the heck of it, and it really does bother me. The last one I told him about how I have OCD and panic disorder and how it's been really bothering me lately and I've been on medicine so maybe that explains it. And I told him I'm gonna set two alarms on Friday and have Karen make sure I'm awake. And he writes back with what we did in class today and a good luck with your alarms. Funny how different some teachers are....some really care, some really don't.
Today, I rushed through the morning going to classes and trying to get stuff done, while trying to remember to eat and drink. Then I get home and have leftover Mellow Mushroom which was really good, and feel so tired that all I want to do is take a I'm like, okay, I'll take a nap, set my alarm for about 2 hours from now, get up then and do my work. Well yeah, I hear my alarm, hit sleep several times and eventually turn it off. I wake up at 5:30 and get some cereal only to find that the milk is sour after I've poured it over my delicious honey nut cheerios. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have yet to take a shower at this point. So then I decide I'm going to go to the lab at the Reserve and work on my lab report and print it out there, and maybe even work on my speech there some too. Well, it turns out those computers SUCK, they can't save things on a CD, so I couldn't save anything, and then the computer I was at couldn't print anything. It made me so frustrated. So I called Rob to ask him to bring me a disk, which he did, but then we find out that for some reason the floppy drive isn't working either....UGGGGHHHH. So, I've done this work, and there's really no way to get it from the computer to paper. So I go get my laptop and type it all over again, save it on my CD, and bring it to Rob's to print out. Then I print out some other stuff using his wireless internet which is really nice. And then I decide to start working on my speech at his place because I seem to get work done much quicker when I'm not at home. So I start working on my speech and I get the first draft of it finished. I print it out and read it to Rob, and find some stuff I need to change about it. By the way, my speech is next Wednesday, so I have a while, but I also have a Cognitive Psych test on Tuesday that looks to be impossible. But anyway, after that, I come home and finally take a shower. But I didn't wash my hair because I figured what's the point if I'm just gonna get up in the morning and do it. And then I painted my toenails.
Tomorrow, I have to get up and go to classes and then cognitive psych lab....then me and Karen are going to WalMart to get a broom and some other stuff that she wants, and we're coming back here to clean this place. It's pretty icky....there's some smell coming from the kitchen that I don't know what it is, and our bathroom needs cleaning pretty a lot. And I asked her yesterday if she would clean the shower if I clean the toilet because Ben is coming on Friday and I want him to like it here and feel comfortable. So she said yes and we're planning to do more cleaning than just our bathroom I hope. Plus I need to do laundry and clean up my room. I hope he's still planning on coming because I'm doing a lot to prepare for this visit. Well, I guess that's about it with what's going on with me. Oh and I made an appointment to see the therapist here for October 14....that's the first she had open. And I love the cell phone....thank you very much! :)
I'm gonna get going now....I love you and hope everything with the job is going great!
Love, Emilie :)

Dawn said...

I think if you and Karen put your minds and muscles to it, you can have that apartment looking as good as it should in a couple of hours. (Ask Kate for some help ... she lives there too!) Possible sources for the kitchen smell: the garbage disposal (pour a box of baking soda down there and let it sit an hour or so, then run hot water), the garbage can (a bag may have leaked and it needs to be washed out), the refrigerator (from what you told me last week, that thing needs to be CLEANED out ... everything removed, sniffed, and tossed if it's smelly, etc. Also, put an open box of baking soda in there to absorb odors). Really though, you ladies need to have a schedule or something for regular maintenance so that it never gets really bad ... that place is too nice to live in grime. :-)

You simply must get enough rest! Cold season will be here before you blink, and if you are run down and tired, well you know the rest. If you need to get up at 7 AM to get to the 8 AM class, do the math. 8 or 9 hours of sleep means bed at 10 or 11 PM the night before. Actually, it means SLEEP by 10 or 11, which probably requires bed a little before that! I'm glad your professor is so understanding, but you don't want to continue that.

Am I preaching? :-)

The computer lab at The Reserve is shameful! Sounds useless. Too bad. Sorry you did all that work only to have to do it again. Lesson learned, though.

Glad you made that appointment. One day at a time.

I love you!

Emilie said...

Yes, I realize that I should ideally get 8 to 9 hours of sleep when I have an 8 AM class, but do you know how difficult that is to do when you're in college and have about 8 billion things on your mind, and plus you have OCD which makes everything you do take about 10 times longer than it should? If I wanted to get in bed at 10, that would mean I would have to start getting ready for bed at about 8....when it is still light outside, and when I'm just getting started on my motivation for homework....just a thought. :) Sorry about the way I was acting this evening on the phone....I was very stressed out and upset, and we all know that I say things before I think about it when I'm in that state. I love you very much, and I hope your day at work tomorrow is great and not so boring! :)
Love, Emilie