Monday, September 08, 2003

"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got ..."

Another day of solitary. It went by pretty fast though. I ate too much, moved too little. Pretty typical. I wonder when I will finally decide to grow up and accept responsibilty for my own crap. You know, my health, my size, my happiness. Soon, I'm thinking (hoping). The rut I've dug for myself over the last 25 years is getting old.

I’m amazed at how much of life is about accepting responsibility. While I know how important it is, there are times that I would rather run screaming for the hills than stand up and do what I know to be right. Example: I know that exercise and healthy eating HAVE to be a part of my daily life. When I ignore these things, it equals not caring about the quality of my life ... and even the length of my life. My brain is full of the knowledge. I know enough to write my own weight loss book. So why am I still fat? Why do I continue to choose the wrong foods? Why do I overeat? Why do I pick watching TV over taking a walk? Why am I holding on to this body of mine with such force?

(pause)

Silly me, I thought that if I typed out the questions the answers would come to me. And I've got nothin' still. But I tell you what. I'm tired of being fat.

----------

Brandy called from Charlotte tonight to let me know how her first day went. She survived a nerve-wracking morning, but sounded pretty excited about her new job. Very happy for her. :-)

----------

Thought For Today:
"When you are a mother you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." (Sophia Loren)

No comments: