Friday, September 05, 2003

"Well I been afraid of changin', 'cause I built my life around you ..."

I may have to shop around for a new hair girl. The one I see now won't listen to me. And now I have blonde hair. Not really, but far too many highlights, considering I wanted NONE. She's a sweet girl, and I'm sure she means well, but she insisted that I really "needed" the highlights. Apparently nothing is worse than a middle-aged woman with one-color hair. Every time I walk by a mirror, I cringe. "Who the hell is THAT?" I miss my dark brown hair. And besides, getting highlights takes at least an hour longer in the salon, and I mean it when I say that my broken tailbone can't take that much sitting at one time.

----------

I had a nice phone call with my sister Laura this afternoon. Miss her.

Also had a phone call with Miss Emilie. Em, you've been on my mind all afternoon. I love you. And don't you ever doubt how beautiful and WONDERFUL you are! Keep smiling, and remember that there's always something new around the corner. xoxo

----------

Friday Five

1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most?
I'm not fond of ANY of it, although I'd say cleaning the bathroom ranks near the top of the list. The thing that kills me about cleaning the house is that as soon as it's done, it needs to be done again.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing?
Uh, no. I hate it all.

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed?
Every now and then I think I'll adopt some form of schedule where I do a little bit every day. I've never made it through a whole week of doing that. Heh. I usually clean before things get completely nasty and unbearable. Having company over helps motivate me every time. (hint, hint)

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules?
I used to be picky about some things, like types of cleaners and such. No more though.

5. What was the last thing you cleaned?
Today I swept the foyer, kitchen, and laundry room. Cat hair dust bunnies were threatening to take over the house.

----------

Go Tigers. (sigh)

Kickoff's at 5 PM. In a perfect world, the game against Furman should be an easy Clemson victory. After last Saturday, I think I'll wait and see what happens before I dance around to "Tiger Rag".

Thought For Today:
"Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Highlights? hmmmm......
I'm trying to picture you with highlights...can't do it. I'm sure you'll get used to it though...and about the time you do, they'll grow out!
I wish we could have a phone conversation. It's been weeks. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to catch you home.
We have a game tonight too - against Harris County. Hopefully we'll experience victory again too. They beat Manchester last week, which is supposed to be a hard win...so we'll see. I just hope for more rain. We've got about a 40% chance all day. I guess I'll call mama and see if she'll go this time. Last week we "just too hot" .
I got an IM from Anna Bananna this morning. She's getting ready for her first college football game at UGA today..she was pretty pumped :)
I'm gonna go put a stop to Beth's alarm going off now - its been buzzing for almost an hour now! and get some laundry done or something.
I love you, Kay

Dawn said...

Well, I don't feel as BLONDE as I did yesterday, but my hair is still far too light to be Dawn's hair.

Have fun at the game tonight ... know you will. I don't want to even think about any UGA game! The memory of last week's massacre is still too fresh in my mind.