Wednesday, September 10, 2003

"The remedy is the experience ..."

My feet are killing me. I'm far to fat to consider standing for 6 straight hours. But then, my stupid cracked tailbone won't allow me to sit that long either. Guess I'm doomed to finding a job that lets me lay around on the couch all day. Ohhh yeah.

Today wasn't so bad. I got my nametag, and I got to wear my cute white lab coat. Heh. The guy that trained me on the cash register was a stickler for detail. And I guess that's a good thing. When I was stuck trying to remember what was the secret combination of numbers to do this or that, he stood quietly behind me. And as my finger would head toward the wrong key, he'd clear his throat to let me know I should try another one. They actually let me take care of customers for most of the day, so I guess that tells us all just how very difficult this job is!

There was plenty of laughter and good-natured teasing between the employees, so that's a positive. Although this was "up front". The atmosphere in the pharmacy was definitely quieter.

Oh well, I'm quiet.

----------

Tomorrow I must call the vet again for our poor tortured soul of a cat. Cats do love to groom themselves, but LORD. She never stops. She's maintaining the "poodle" on her legs, and her belly is bare. Seems to me it's been worse over the last few days too ... the never-ending lick, lick, chew, chew, chew, lick, lick. Arrrghhh! This can't be flea allergy either ... there ARE NO FLEAS in here. Sure do dread trying to get her in the cat carrier by myself though. Emilie and I had a hell of a time when we did it last time. You'd think it would be a matter of shoveherin&slamthedoor. Riiiiight.

----------

Hope everybody reading this has had a good Hump Day. I really do.

----------

Thought For Today:
"Every person that you meet knows something you don't; learn from them."

No comments: