Friday, September 19, 2003

"Those blackeyed peas, they tasted alright to me ..."

TGIF.

Work today was spent unpacking box after box of drugs, and then finding where they belong on the shelves. Which sounds easy, since the brand names are shelved in alphabetical order. But then the generics are shelved right next to the brand they match, and those crazy generic names make NO sense whatsoever. After that was done, I got to count some pills out and put 'em in the bottles. Counting is hard. I try to do it by 5's, and then I forget whether the pills I just pushed over were "20" or "25" ... arrghhh!

----------

Clemson football takes place in Atlanta GA tomorrow ... against GA Tech, those Ramblin' Wrecks. Hope the Tigers can pull off another win!

----------

Brandy's flight comes in from Denver tonight ... Welcome home, girl! (And thank you for the postcard!) She'll barely have time to get used to her own pillow again, since she's off to Michigan next week.

The other world-traveler in the family hasn't been heard from since Wednesday. He's probably made big Arizona sightseeing plans for this weekend.

----------

Last night was the best Surivor premier episode ever!

It's too early for me to pick someone to hate, but I've already taken a liking to Rupert. He reminds me of Bluto from "Popeye". When he stole the shoes from the Morgan tribe (who were total stupid-asses to leave their stuff unguarded), I was sittin' here all alone and cheering outloud for him.

My favorite part was when the dumb Morgan tribe couldn't find their water supply, and then finally some genius thought to look on the map. Dur. As I end up saying every year when these people do stupid things ... don't they WATCH the show before they apply to go on it? Geez! And don't get me started on those nekkid Morgan men. Dorks.

---------

Thought For Today:
"Keep on shining, keep on smiling, don't lose faith, and don't lose heart. When you're crying, just keep trying to remind yourself, you're a shining star, yes you are." (LeAnn Rimes ... I can't stand LeAnn Rimes, but this is a good thought, dammit.)

No comments: