Monday, September 29, 2003

"I wished I'd a known you, wished I'd a shown you all of the things I was on the inside ..."

Sooo tired. But loving the weather.

----------

Nice weekend ... Jimmy and I ate out at a seafood restaurant Friday night. Well, it was trying to be a seafood restaurant. Like maybe if they had seafood restaurants in prison, that's what this one would be. Horrendous.

Saturday, he couldn't stop talking about how it was "peanut season", and he wanted some boiled peanuts. We finally just got in the car and drove down to the Farmer's Market and bought some. I boiled 'em up, and I guess I'll have to freeze them since he only got around to eating a few of them.

Clemson had a bye week, so there was no reason for football love around here. Watched a little bit of the USC/Tennessee game just for laughs.

Sunday, I cut Jimmy's hair and did homework for my job. Zzzzz.

----------

Today I abused my poor feet by standing for 6 hours. Then I went to a job interview at "The Gardens At Eastside". My interviewer said that working at NHC most likely traumatized me for a long time to come, but assured me that there could be no comparison between NHC and her facility. It's an assisted living place, pretty near home for me. I liked it. It's smallish, and the pay is alright. She said she'd call on Friday to let me know. She also shared with me that her mother had lived at NHC for about as long as I had worked there ... she said she was mortified at the conditions there. Ahhhhh ... it wasn't just me, after all!

----------

More homework for work to do, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow morning. Tonight, I'm thinking a hot shower, and "All My Children" on SoapNet before I zonk for the night. Night night.

----------

(Kay, thanks for the e-mail, I'll write back soon!)

-----------

Thought For Today:
"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness."

No comments: