Thursday, September 25, 2003

"All I wanted was the simple things ..."

My alarm was set for 7 AM, but I woke at 5:55 AM. Grr. I think I may be subsconciously waking for my daughter. Drove to Spartanburg, and only had a small bit of trouble finding the store where the training was to be held. There were 4 of us there, plus the trainer ... all smooshed into a tiny room about the size of my laundry room. At one point, the guy next to me whispered to me, "Good thing we're not claustrophobic!" You said it, boy.

I'm always slightly amused at what most companies call their "Training Program" ... usually it consists of someone reading aloud from a manual for hours at a time. Today was no exception. We did watch a short video, but the remainder of the 4 hours was spent following along while "The Trainer" read to us. Badly. I swear, I'm no genius ... not even close. But when the sentence reads, "If the wrong prescription is given to a customer, the medication may cause irreparable harm, and the Pharmacist's license may be jeopardized." and she reads it as "... the medication may cause responsible harm ..." without missing a beat, well I just have to question who needs to be training whom. Seriously. She used bad grammar the entire time, and it was a test of my maturity to refrain from rolling my eyes right on outta my head. At one point, I thought about making notes on my manuals, keeping track of all the words she misread. I thought better of it though. Again, I'm so mature.

Anyway, I go back tomorrow for 4 more hours. And yeah, my tail bone was crying when I got home today. Tomorrow I will need narcotics, I'm sure. Wish I had some.

----------

Jimmy's flight arrives tonight a bit past 9 PM. He doesn't know it yet, but his "To Do" list has already been started. Emilie called late this afternoon to tell me she had a flat tire on campus today. Her friend helped her change it, but the spare is funky. So I'm betting her Dad will be driving down there tomorrow, hopefully early afternoon, to square that all away. I hate cars.

----------

Survivor tonight. Nothing else going on. That is all.

----------

Thought For Today:
"The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends."

No comments: