Friday, August 01, 2003

Which TV Mom are you?
June Cleaver:
You are June Cleaver from Leave it
to Beaver. You might not wear pearls while you
do your housework, but you probably like the
idea of being a traditional type of mom who
bakes special treats for your kids when they
come home from school and who sits down to
dinner with them at night. You think of
thoughtful ways to show your kids you care
like making elaborate Halloween costumes or
whipping up chicken noodle soup for sore
throats and you work hard to stay involved in
their lives.

Of course, you teach your children right from wrong
and always hold them to strict standards,
though you may prefer that someone else in the
household do the actual disciplining. That's
just because you are so devoted to your little
ones, you can't stand the thought of missing
out on any time with them behind angry doors or
pouting faces
.


Now that's so right-on it's just downright frightening. I wonder if June Cleaver likes Pearl Jam.

How did it get to be August so fast? The year is flyyyying. I hope that by the end of the month that things will have settled down a bit around here. Between jobs I'd rather not take and rejection by the jobs I want and too small apartments and new roommates who don't communicate and car insurance that has decided to screw us over after 15 years of taking our money ... I think it all calls for a cocktail. Just one. A big one. It is Friday, after all.

Friday Five
1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings?
The alarm clock that's located in my bladder usually rings about 8:00AM. Sometimes I press the snooze alarm until 8:30.

2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late?
I remember sleeping in on weekends, but for some reason that never happens anymore. I'm usually awake and out of bed by 9AM.

3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning?
Visit the bathroom, swallow pills, and check my E-mail.

4. How long does it take to get ready for your day?
Less than an hour, more than 30 minutes (from shower to out the door)... but that's only if I concentrate. :-)

5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast?
Going out to breakfast is a rarity around here but during football season, I do love to stop at Chick-Fil-A and get chicken biscuits to eat during the "Morning Edition" of our day of tailgating. Emilie's crazy about Waffle House, and I've never even been there!

Thought For Today:
"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and though they are with you yet they belong not to you. You may give them your love but not your thoughts, for they have their own thoughts. You may house their bodies but not their souls, for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams." (Kahlil Gibran)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is scary...
I never really thought about it before, but you are quite similar to Ms. Cleaver. I think that if she were a mom in this day in time, she would be a fan of pearl jam. Only cool moms are....
But why do you think I always like coming over there? AJ acts like he doesn't like it, but I know that he is secretly a mom's boy. ;)
Anyway, AJ is gone today to talk to a band director about a possible drumline instructor position. I think it would be a really cool gig for him. I hope it works out.
Only 10 more days till I move to G-town! I'm really excited, I should start packing soon. It just seems like Yesterday when we finished getting AJ unpacked. Oh wait, it was Yesterday. It never ends...
Time for me to go. I hope you have a wonderful week!