Thursday, August 14, 2003

"What I really meant to say is I'm really not that strong ..."

Today is Brandy's moving day. I'm trying not to be a pushy old lady and insist on "helping" (as if I could!) ... but I did tell them a dozen times to call if they needed anything. They told me there's a possibility they will want to sleep here tonight, so of course I'm hoping for that. Also hoping that everything goes smoothly. It's not raining, so they've got that going for them.

I have decided that, as I've aged, it's more and more difficult for me to deal with change. Either that, or menopause is biting my butt hard. The kids all moving, my job about to begin ... seems like small potatoes, huh. It's overwhelming me. My head knows everything is fine, and is going to be fine. Really. But I can't seem to shake "sad" offa me these days. I know that it will pass, but right now I feel like curling up into a little ball.

But I'm not little and I can't curl.

*sigh*

Thought For Today:
"Cherish each moment. These are the good old days you're going to miss in the years ahead."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change does suck. :( I'm having a hard time dealing with some myself.. and you're so not overreacting. I'll probably be the same way when my future "kid" moves out. But, it's not like they're leaving you forever! Family is always gonna be around. Maybe not in the same house or town, but around.. they arent really going anywhere! Because they love their mom and are going to come see you all the time. I wish we were that close. I would come see you every day until you got sick of me! :) But, anyway.. I just wanted to tell you that.
Love you bunches and bunches***
Love,
Your lovely neice,
Beth

Dawn said...

Just the idea that you want to come and see me is enough to make me feel better. Love you much.

Anonymous said...

Everything will be different after next week.....
Awwww sissy....I wish I could be there to give you a big ole hug. And I wish I could take away all your "sad" feelings right now, but hopefully once the new job begins, you'll be too tired to think about those feelings anymore.
I love you...if you need to talk, I'm a phone call away. Love, Kay

Dawn said...

Ya think?

Thanks for the sweet thoughts ...
Love you!