Got myself "drug tested" today, and got a small injection of tuberculosis, just for kicks. Today's test was the first time I've ever had an oral drug test. "Just hold the swab in your mouth in a pool of saliva for 2 minutes." Well, eww. I passed, in case there was any doubt. I'll go back on Monday so that a nurse can read the TB skin test.
Em and I shopped around today for picture frames and various other necessities ... TarJay and Garden Ridge. Spent money, had fun.
I swear, it's time to start thinking of building an ark. It has rained (and rained hard) just about every day since summer began. It's pouring out there right now. We sloshed through such a deluge at Garden Ridge, it felt like I was walking through a creek. I shouldn't complain, I haven't had to water any of the plants in months.
1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? Last month, I spent some time in Columbus, Georgia. Actually, that is home. Before that, I visited Laura and Melody in West Point, Georgia back in January.
2. What's the most unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling? I drove to New Jersey a couple of years ago, and stopped to get fuel. They pumped it for me! I felt like I had time-traveled. My friend who lives there explained that it's the law there ... no one is allowed to pump their own gas.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? I'd love to visit Hawaii or Australia.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car? I love the comfort of the car, and flying is scary. I've never traveled by train, but I think I'd really enjoy that. At least, the way it used to be. Seems like there's not as many passenger trains these days.
5. What's the next place on your list to visit? No plans at the moment, since work will start a week from Monday. Unless you count Clemson. In that case, I'll be there next weekend.
Thought For Today:
"Inside me is this really thin woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate."