Friday, August 29, 2003

"How could it hurt you when it looks so good? ..."

So I watched MTV last night, because I'm a dork. I was hoping since it was the 20th anniversary of the VMA's that I'd get my fill of tributes, old clips, old music, etc. When Madonna appeared at the top of that wedding cake, dressed in black ... after Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera danced around singing "Like A Virgin" ... well, I knew I was in for some fun. I love Madonna ... even the 40-something yogafied Madonna.

If you saw the show, you know what came next. If you missed it, you must click on the link below to what happened just before Missy Elliott joined them on the stage. Heck, even Justin Timberlake was shocked.

That crazy Madonna.

----------

I spent the past week home alone. I love that husband of mine and everything, but I really like being home alone. I have a sneaky feeling that in that not too distant future I'm going to be whining about spending too much time alone.

He came in from Phoenix last night, a bit past midnight. Lucky for me, he hitched a ride from the airport with a coworker, so I didn't have to leave in the middle of that true crime/forensics show I was watching. (I love those shows.) Just as it always happens with his job, he's sent out of town on a moment's notice, and then has to keep going back and forth for months on end. He'll leave again on Tuesday for Phoenix. After Phoenix is finished, he's off to Puerto Rico.

Maybe the title for my life story should be "Dawn: Home Alone".

----------

Can someone explain to me how "Fifty Cent" (or whatever his name is) can be considered an "artist"?

----------

I decided not to do the Friday Five today because the questions are dumb.

----------

Has everybody planned some fun things to do on this last official weekend of summer? Never one for planning, I'm winging it. :-) I only wish it truly WAS the last weekend of this oppressive heat and humidity. Summer is my least favorite season because of it. Blah.

Speaking of fun this weekend, Clemson football starts TOMORROW! Despite the fact that football weather won't be here for weeks and weeks, I am thrilled that it's all getting underway again. Those University of Georgia Bulldogs should be shaking in their cleats, is all I've got to say. Noon. ABC. I'd go down to join in the festivities if the temps weren't going to be in the high 80's. I'm too old for all that sweating. (Emilie, wear sunscreen! And take money for water!)

----------

Still no word from CVS.

I'd love to have a job where I talk to people and tell them what's wrong. Like every sentence would start with, "The problem with you is ...". That might very well be the best job ever. OK maybe not the best job, but it would be a hoot for a few weeks.

----------

I'm hungry so I should go and prepare protein on the stove. I wish I had enough money to employ a chef. Hell, I'd be happy with a cook. Y'all have a wonderful Friday, and pray for an ice storm.

Thought For Today:
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." (Calvin & Hobbes)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just wanted to write to say sorry that I wasn't up for much talking yesterday. I was just really tired and you caught me in the middle of a nap. I really don't remember much of what we said because I think I was still half asleep. Sorry about that!
The game TOTALLY wore me out on Saturday and we only stayed until halftime. Who's bright idea was it to have a noon game in 90 degree weather anyway? That's just a hazard right there. When I finally got home, we got in the pool for a little while which made me feel better temporarily. Then I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a nutrigrain bar, and took a shower. By then I was feeling pretty much like crap, so I took a nap. I woke up later and still felt a lot like crap, but me and Rob went to eat barbecue in anderson anyway because I needed food and I definitely didn't feel like making anything. Then we went to blockbuster and I bought secretary previously viewed for like $10. Then we came home and I was pretty much feeling like I was gonna pass out so I just layed around and eventually went to sleep. Oh and I got sunburned really bad, and my shoulders and upper back still hurt pretty a lot. So on Sunday all I felt like doing was sleeping, so I pretty much slept all day. And I did some laundry and eventually got around to taking a shower.
Karen got a dwarf rabbit on Sunday and it's so cute! It's white and grey and it just hops around and is so cute! She named it Donald, but she doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl. And I was holding him on Sunday and he peed on me....and Karen's comforter. But he's still cute and quite sweet.
Well I guess I'm gonna get going now....I'll talk to you later and I love you!
Love, Emilie :)

Dawn said...

Hey, you.

I knew you were half asleep when we spoke, no need for apologies. I also knew if you went to the game, the weather would wipe you out. But you've probably recovered by now, so that's good. Thanks for telling me all about your weekend! :-) Glad you found the movie for a good price.

I can't believe Karen got a rabbit! As if y'all weren't busy enough! I'm sure he's (she's?) precious, and as long as it's "dwarf", maybe there won't be any huge messes to clean up. ;-)

Have a great week, and stay cool.
Love you xoxo

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I changed my Amazon wishlist, and took the things that I already have off of it so there wouldn't be any confusion with my birthday coming up and all. :) Alrighty, talk to you later....I love you!

Dawn said...

Well, aren't you the most thoughtful daughter! Helping me to avoid confusion about your birthday wishes. LOL

Thanks, honey ... any ideas about those September birthdays coming up?

I love you too!