Monday, July 21, 2003

"I won't worry my life away ..."

Wowee. I don't want to jump the gun and declare that the drought is over, BUT. Things are feeling mighty positive this Monday.

Yesterday we got two (count 'em, two) nibbles on the Taurus, and late in the day, one of them actually made a deal. Thank the God of Used Car Sales. Not only do we have a nice hunk of cash in exchange for getting it out of our yard, but we get to cancel the monthly insurance payments too. They weren't much, but every little bit helps. The lady seemed grateful to have some wheels, and we surely are grateful for the cash she paid for them. :-)

Em had reason to grin this afternoon ... the Fed Ex guy brought her new Dell laptop. It's really pretty (as pretty as a laptop can be, I suppose) and she's going to love having it. Hope it lasts forever!

And finally, I took my new little certification card out this morning and applied at three Alzheimer's facilities. Two are really close to home, and both said they were hiring. The third place was where we had some of our classes ... such a state-of-the-art facility, they only opened less than a year ago. I was barely back home again before the Director of Nursing called to set up an interview for Friday. Yahoooooo! Even though it's a bit of a drive south on I-85, I think it'd be a great place to work. Yep, I'm excited.

So, taken all together ... it feels like things are looking up. It's about damn time. ;-)

Thought For Today:
"Being listened to and heard is one of the greatest desires of the human heart."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going your way :) Looks like things are going my way also! Maybe it will last..
I love you!****
Love,
your lovely (but, trouble maker) neice,
Beth

Anonymous said...

I heard about the interview (mama) before I read it here. I'm so excited for you..I hope all goes well and if it's meant to be, it will be. FINALLY you can be a part of the working stiffs like the rest of us!(teehee). Speaking of stiff..I worked a straight 12 hours yesterday..whooooweeee Am I ever tired!!
Tell Emilie I'm happy about her new laptop too. Is it blue?...just a thought.
xoxo Kay