Saturday, July 26, 2003

"I am no Superman, I have no answers for you, I am no hero, aww that's for sure ..."

Sunny, breezy, and 83 degrees here in South Cackilacky. No rain in sight. "They" say it'll be here around 8PM. Niiiice.

Em and I watched "The Good Girl" last night. I thought it was great. Totally different side of Ms. Jennifer Anniston. I was hoping we'd have another movie-watch this afternoon, but she says she needs more sleep. I was dreaming by about 2 AM, but I think she stayed awake much later last night.

Adam and Brandy are in town, shopping around for stuff for Brandy's new apartment. They'll come by later, and we're all going out somewhere for dinner. Sounds good to me.

I talked to my teeny-tiny Filipino friend from class. She said she had been hired at National Health Care near my house (the place I applied on Friday), and that she also had an interview at The Haven (where I interviewed on Friday). She said NHC was paying a decent salary, with $2 more per hour for weekends. So with that knowledge, I'll know better what to do if I get offered a job at The Haven. She said she'd go to The Haven if they offer more money. My Big Plan for Monday is to wait till about 2:00 to hear from The Haven. If there's been no word by then, I'll call to ask about the situation. Then if there's no job offer, or the salary is lower, I'll pursue the NHC job. Judy said there were still openings on the 3 to 11 shift, and that's the one she took. Would be pretty cool to work with her. Even though I can't understand a damn thing she says.

I had a dream ... and yes, I know that NO ONE cares about what another person dreams ... but nobody is forcing you to read this crap either. Heh. In my dream, Emilie was 2 or 3 years old, and I could "feel" her. Hard to explain, but she was really there, and her voice was the same sweet little Muppet voice she used to have, and her body felt the same when I was holding her as it did back in 1985. I woke up missing her so much. I get tears in my eyes remembering that dream. Wish I could have it again. What a dork I am. Guess it's all about getting ready to set her free to Clemson again in a few weeks.

Ah well, it's after 2PM ... time to dress for the day. Ha!

Thought For Today:
"Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man." (Leon Trotsky)

No comments: