Friday, July 18, 2003

"Friday Five"

1. When was the last time you cheated?
Me? Cheat? I can't remember ever cheating on a test, but I guess I've cheated in other ways. The last one being the time my mother and I cheated the watch store out of the full price of the watch we bought. But you must understand, it was the stupid store clerk's fault. If she had asked for $120, she would have gotten it! But she only took $40 from my mother's hand, and we stood in silence as she rang it up as $120. Tight-lipped, gleeful silence. Yep, that's cheating.

2. When was the last time you stole?
See above. But we didn't really steal the watch, now did we? Alright then, the last time I stole was ... after a block party here in our neighborhood, a soup ladle ended up in our pile of dirty dishes we took home. I never bothered to try to find out who it belonged to. I stole a soup ladle from a neighbor.

3. When was the last time you lied?
I spent 4 years on AOL lying daily, and ended up wanting to die over it all. So I pretty much stick to the truth these days.

4. When was the last time you broke or vandalized another's property?
Vandalism is really not me. I can't really remember breaking something that belonged to someone else either. At least I've got that going for me.

5. When was the last time you hurt a loved one?
Now this is my specialty. I can be sarcastic and mean as hell, without ever really meaning to. I see the look on my husband's face after I blurt out something without thinking, and know that I've done it again. Problem is, after those words are spewed out into the atmosphere, they're out there for good. There's no pulling them back in. I think I probably hurt him more than anyone. (Don't feel too sorry for him, he's pretty good at hurting back!)

No comments: