Monday, April 02, 2007

"But I said 'no, no, no' ..."

And so it's April.

This time of year ... so full of new life (and pollen) ... seems to always find me thinking of funerals. It's been 13 years since Daddy's funeral on April Fool's Day. And now, almost one year has passed since we said goodbye to Grandma F.

So much has changed in the last 12 months. But I don't think I'll ever forget how it felt to be in that nursing home, hour after hour, during her last week on earth. I met her when I was 17 years old, and she was 65. And I'm awed by the fact that I was the person that got to sit by her while she died.

I wonder if she knows how much I miss her.

-----

The weekend was a fast one. Em and Jud came by for a minute on Friday, and Adam and Brandy came for dinner on Saturday ... so all were accounted for and hugged.

The bathroom painting is complete! There's still no doorknob, and the window blinds aren't hung. Today I need to iron the shower curtain, and put the towels and stuff in place. And I still haven't bought a rug. But that's pretty much the way things go around here. It's never really finished.

But yeah. Only our bedroom and bath remain to be painted, and then I can FINALLY call the carpet guy to redo the 2nd story floors!!!

-----

Support group and UPS (Upstate Pouch Support) get-together tonight ... I look forward to seeing those folks so much, it'd probably creep them all out if they knew. Heh.

No comments: