Monday, March 12, 2007

"Ready? Let's roll onto something new ..."

Mid-March already. I'll be 85 years old in a few years, the way time is flying.

The weekend was over before it started. We did have a nice Saturday night ... Em and Jud brought the puppy for some playtime in the dog park at Cleveland Park. I got invited to go along, and I loved seeing all the dogs! Every butt was sniffed (not by me), and Allie was so sweet. She ran around and said hi to everybody there.

We came back here, I cooked dinner, then we played a new game Brandy brought over. It's called Quelf, and it was the craziest game I've ever seen. Totally random rules. (I had to spend a good part of the game holding hands with Jimmy, with my other hand on the floor.) We decided it'll be a great game for the beach, where Grandma will provide the silliness and the rest of us will be drunk. Yay.

Don't know how I feel about the early time change thing. "Springing Forward" is always more difficult for me than "Falling Back" anyway. It was dark when I woke up this morning at 7:00 AM.

I got out and took a walk late yesterday afternoon. Jimmy said I was gone for almost an hour. I was totally enjoying listening to my music, and the weather was just about perfect. And I've already done 45 minutes on the treadmill today. Go me.

Today is paperwork/bill paying, and support group tonight. That hot little boy chef is leading group again tonight, so I'll be in the front row ... wishing I was 25 again. *sigh*

-----

(Waving to Adam in Canada ... hey! I still miss you. Have you heard Weird Al Yankovic's parody of Green Day's "American Idiot"? It's called "Canadian Idiot", and I'd post a link to YouTube if I wasn't so damn lazy. He must not have a video out to that particular song, because the only things there are other people's homemade stuff with the song playing. Anyway, it made me laugh and think of you. Hope your beard stays unfrozen this week. One week from today, you can come home and play Wii! Wooo hoooo! I can only imagine how happy you are aboot THAT!)

No comments: