Thursday, March 15, 2007

"A little unlady-like, what can I say? ..."

The kid seems sweet as can be ... but for the love of God ...



More Sanjaya next week.

-----

I learned yesterday, after thinking that my fake nails were not holding up the way they should, that the tanning bed will "yellow" fake nails. Great. I'm thinking I'll take painter's tape with me and put a little bit on each finger before I bake. Does that make me the wife of a cheap engineer? Thought so.

Actually the tanning girl said they could order nail covers for me. If they cost on the same scale as the lotions they sell, I'm expecting about $25 a finger. I'll stick with the blue tape.

-----

Em leaves tomorrow for a trip to Ohio & Charleston with Jud. Have a great time!

And I've officially committed to a visit with Laura and Melody in GA for Saturday/Sunday. On the road again ...

-----

More TV talk ... I DVR'ed a new program on Fx, and watched it last night. "The Riches" ... I think it airs on Monday nights ... interesting. Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver star, and it's unlike anything I've seen on TV in a long while. And y'all know I've seen a LOT of TV in my 72 years. It's not getting good reviews, but it's definitely different. I'll stick around for a few more episodes to decide for myself.

Speaking of ... "Dancing With The Stars" starts next week! It's finally Christmas for Jimmy! I'll likely watch this season just to boo loudly when Heather Mills (Paul McCartney's money-grubbin' ex) is on. And one of these days soon ... April something, I think ... "The Sopranos" will return for the final nine episodes. This show is not really known for tying up all the loose ends it leaves laying around, but I really hope Tony's last line is "Whutta ya gonna do?" Best line ever ... especially when he said it to every person who extended sympathy to him at his Mother's death. Loved it.

-----

Happy Ides of March. And rest in peace, Julius Caesar. (Wikipedia teaches me something new every day.)

No comments: