Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"You bring me hope, I'll see you soon ..."

I have a doctor's appointment this morning with my primary care doc. I haven't seen him since I weighed 330 pounds. I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing his expression during that first hello. After that, not so much.

-----

I was waiting for the big announcement to be made over at Fat Cat's house before I said a word here about the momentous and joyous event that has begun in our family. I guess this is it. I think they are both so busy with work and life right now, blogging has taken the 3rd row seat in their mini-van. (They don't have a mini-van.)

But yeah, y'all. HELL yeah.

If the anticipation continues to grow ... by the time November gets here, I'll be wearing appliqued sweatshirts that say "World's Best Nana" and knitting the 50th pair of booties. (Just go ahead and shoot me if I let my hair go grey and then perm it. Promise.)

The official due date is November 14, 2007, and according to my research, our grandbaby's head is about a third the size of its body right now. The baby has fingerprints already! Amniotic fluid has been swallowed, and the urinary tract is functioning. The baby is about 3 inches long, and weighs about an ounce. And yes, about once a week, I will keep you informed about the growth and development of the first baby in our family in over 20 years. I can't help myself.

And for the record: LB and TH are going to be the most incredible parents. I may burst with the pride.
-----
Check out my friend Kathy... the link is in the sidebar over there. Her "Thoughts and Other Junk" is brand new, and maybe if she knows we're all reading, she'll update more often. I'm sure she'll use that free time between her full-time job, raising her beautiful daughter, keeping her lovely home, maintaining her happy marriage, and shopping with ME to keep us all entertained with her opinions and ideas. (I know you love me, Kathy.)

-----

Amy ... you are so sweet with your comments. I know I have a few other readers, but you are the only one who consistently lets me know you're out there. Thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing I've discovered. A blog by two of my favorite people, you and Kathy. Now I may never get work done.
Or maybe I'll join the party

Mary

Lunchbox said...

Nice try, Grandma.

Moi said...

oh GREAT!! Now the pressure is on!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being a Nana.... that is such a great blessing. I know that Baby Ford will have lots of love. I promise I will try not to make fun of the sweatshirts, ha ha ha. Thank goodness mom has held off on them, ha ha ha :)Oh yea, I can't wait to hear whatyour doctor says about your new look.