Monday, May 21, 2007

"Born under a bad sign ..."

If there are any Canadians lurking aboot, Happy Victoria Day. (I'm so glad my son isn't there to help you celebrate.)

Speaking of traveling family-members ... Jimmy arrived safely in Puerto Rico last night. Living near the airport has definitely been a convenience over the last 18 years of his travels with his job.

Em's flying in from Ohio tonight. Sounds like the wedding was unbelievable, and I can't wait to hear all the details.

-----

Yow. Last night's Sopranos episode had me in tears. I may have cried over a scene or two before, but I don't remember it. AJ's suicide attempt was some powerful acting, for both Gandolfini and Iler. When Tony said, "You're alright, baby", I was wrecked.

Of course, there were the usual chuckles -- Little Carmine talking about T's "alteration" with Coco (ouch, that hurt) ... and "... on the edge of a precipice at a major crossroads" ... Sil reading "How To Clean Practically Anything". Classic.

Carmela wins the title of Queen of All Hypocrites with her line, "Do you know what it's like to spend day after day with someone who is constantly complaining?" Sheesh, Carm. Dur.

Sad that there won't be an episode next Sunday. Sadder still to realize I'll be in GA when the final two episodes air. And apparently, they don't offer HBO in Columbus GA.*** I will have to drive to LaGrange to watch it with Sister Laura, I guess. That, or I'll have to pay my husband to NOT ERASE the DVR before I can get back home to see it. Crap.

(*** Of course HBO is offered in Columbus ... it's just that neither Sister Kay or my mother subscribes.)

-----

The usual mundane Monday activities are on tap for today. You?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I wasn't the only one in tears liast night!!! It was so good!!! Hope to see you tonight...

Melissa