Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"The path of least resistance is catching up with me again today ..."

That was the worst episode of American Idol I've ever seen. Barry Gibb has not aged well, "blessch hissch heart". He reminded me of the SNL-version of Sean Connery. And a monkey. The vocals all sucked, even my beloved Blake. Of course, Melinda didn't really suck. But it was boring. And the advice Paula gave her was ridiculous ... something like "Forget the technical part of singing for once!" Brilliant, that one. She looked like she tripped and fell into a bucket of makeup last night.

-----

Speaking of music, my new favorite iPod downloads (in no particular order):

~ Brandi Carlile: "The Story" (entire album) This one is the soundtrack to my life on the "black days". I love her voice.

~ Mika: "Life In Cartoon Motion" (entire album) Too much fun.

~ Regina Spektor: "Samson", "Fidelity" and "Hotel Song" Again, with the beautiful voice and haunting lyrics.

~ Amy Winehouse: "You Know I'm No Good" and "Rehab" She makes me want to light a cigarette and order a double bourbon, no ice.

~ Mat Kearney: "Nothing Left To Lose" Just a pretty song.

~ Augustana: "Boston" See above.

~ P!nk: "I'm Not Dead" (entire album) When did Pink become P!nk? She is AWESOME. I would leave my husband for her, if she looked at me twice.

~ Jenny Owen Youngs: "Hot In Herre" It's acoustic, she's white, and she totally COVERS Nelly's song. (Oh yes, she does.)

I heartily endorse every single one. LOVE them.

-----

Heading to the mall in a bit ... Em is spending next week in Ohio for a wedding in her sweetie's family, and will need a hostess gift, at the very least. A rehearsal dinner dress is needed too.

Yay. Mall.

2 comments:

melrit said...

Just wanted to say Hi!! I am lurking!!!! Melissa

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to have to check a couple of these albums and songs out..... not sure that I have heard of all of them.
Oh, how did that doctors appointment go? Was the doctor shocked?