Monday, March 20, 2006

"That's just who I am this week ..."

Happy Spring. Don't mind the sleet. Ugh.

-----

Grandma F got a new roommate over the weekend. She was there on Saturday when Jimmy and I visited. Her family is a bit loud, but she is a very sick lady. She's only 76 years old, but has some kind of cancer. I think she came to Dogwood Acres from the hospital. She was a little grumpy when she thought I worked there, but when I introduced myself to her, she warmed up a bit. She seems to be in pain. When I was in there on Sunday, it wasn't long before an ambulance came to take her back to the hospital. I overheard them saying that one of her drains in her belly was "pouring out fluid". Poor thing.

So Grandma is alone in the room again. She asked for crushed ice yesterday, which she ate with a spoon. She said it was the best ice ever.

-----

Jimmy started on the taxes yesterday ... not finished yet, I guess. He had 3 of our trees cut down on Friday, and many more trimmed up. Now he'll have to work for days getting the logs split into firewood. At least we'll be prepared for next winter's storms. Or today's sleet, whatever.

-----

I'm just marking time until next week, when I go back for another Group Session on Monday and FINALLY see the psychologist on Tuesday. Marking time, and reading everything I can find on the subject.

-----

"The Sopranos" ... I love it. It was so weird seeing Tony act so "non-Tony-like" in his coma dreams. And Carmela's anguish over the possiblity of losing Tony was breaking my heart in pieces. I swear, that show is so well done, it's like a mini-movie every week. Not your average TV show.

No comments: