Thursday, March 23, 2006

"I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while ..."

I'd claim to have Writer's Block if I was a writer.

The days are all the same ... nothing to distingush a Monday from a Thursday. Laundry, driving over to see about Grandma F, checking my e-mail, cooking dinner, reading about gastric bypass, procrastinating over cleaning the house -- that's every single day for me.

Bleh.

-----

This week I was absolutely stunned and shocked to learn that Sister Kay's life was, once again, in chaos after a giant tree landed in her bedroom. On Monday night, Columbus GA had some fierce winds during a storm, and for the 2nd time in less than a year, Kay's house has been severely damaged by a falling tree. This one actually came through the roof. Major damage was done to her bedroom, and Beth's room took a bad hit, as well. Now she has learned she will have to move into an apartment for a few months while the repairs are made. Daddy always used to tell Laura and me that we should be kinder to our sister ... "She has a full plate and no fork", he'd say. I'm thinking Daddy was right.

Hang in there, Kaydee. Brighter days are surely ahead for you.

-----

Grandma F was in her wheelchair at lunchtime yesterday. She ate practically nothing, saying her tummy was upset. When she asked to go back to bed, I was saddened to see that she could barely move herself. Getting her 99 pounds out of the wheelchair was impossible for her to do by herself. Looks like she has lost a lot of strength and mobility during this last bout of pnuemonia. She seemed more fatigued than usual yesterday, too.

No comments: