Sunday, January 01, 2006

"Days go by, I'm hypnotized ..."

Happy 2006.

We ate the obligatory collard greens and black eyed peas -- hoping the superstition works for once, and we'll have plenty of money this year. We also got Christmas put away, for the most part. The guest room bed is still piled high with empty boxes and wrapping paper, but at least the door is closed. The tree (and all it's trimmings) is boxed away in the attic for another year. I've decided to let the wreath stay on the front door until it looks tired. Right now, it's still fresh and pretty.

I was so very asleep when the New Year rolled in this morning. I think that means I'm an old lady. Our lovely neighbors did their best (as they always do) to crack a few of our window panes with the fireworks they set off. To their disappointment, I'm sure, our windows survived another New Year's Eve. Oh, the racket.

Me <--- Old.

-----

From the comments:
We went to see Jessica Friday night and I was reminded that in the other cases where we gave a Lampe Berger as a gift, the recipients deemed the scents too strong. They've both (Jessica and Brandy's Dad) purchased a bottle of "Neutral" oil that you can use to "cut" the scented oils so they're not so strong.

I love your picture, son. You never fail to make me smile.
Maybe I'm a weirdo (maybe?), but I don't have a problem with the scent being too strong. I love smelly-good stuff. If it ever starts to bother me, maybe I'll check out the neutral oil, or ask you about Jessica's experiment with the rubbing alcohol ... (God, I hope she doesn't blow anything up!) ... but for now, it's all good. I love my Lampey Burger. :-)

-----

Maggie Belle is stretched full-length here on the bed with me ... and I'm all-of-a-sudden very jealous of her conked-out state. I'm outta here. Good night.

No comments: