Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"I got your hey oh ..."

Oh, HI! I'm a slacker. Did we have January already? Sorry, y'all. I'm really going to try to do better to regularly update you on the tediousness that is my life. I can only imagine how you've suffered not knowing.
In a nutshell, here's what you've missed:
~ I had a hysterectomy. She was supposed to take my ovaries out ... she "forgot". So I'm still half a woman. Yay.
~ Christmas. Yeah. I did too much, the house was crazy, and then it was over.
~ Emilie moved back home. It took a few weeks of "getting used to", on both of our parts. I'm happy with her here now ... she'd still rather be wherever Jud is. Can't say that I blame her.
~ Jimmy finished painting a second bedroom two minutes before Christmas, and has since painted the upstairs hallway area. Look for the first bathroom to be redone sometime in the next decade! New carpet to follow for my 65th birthday!!!
~ We got a DVR. Movin' on up, I tell ya.
~ I got my hair cut. In what is called an "age-appropriate length". Only I decided I don't like being 47, almost 48 ... in my hairstyle, anyway. It may take years, but I'm growing it back, dammit.
~
~ Uh. So yeah, you didn't miss much.
-----
Shall I just get the bitchin' out of the way first thing? OK.
Reason # 429 on the list of reasons I don't like my house:
When we bought this lot and built the house 18 years ago, there were woods on 2 sides of us. Nice. When the house was built next door, I was sad to see the trees and privacy go, but I dealt with it. Somehow we thought that, since there is a creek behind us, the trees back there would always stay put.
Wrong.
Visually, it makes me cry. That's the view from my bathroom window, which means it's also the view from our deck. I know that when the trees get their leaves, it'll be some better. But not much.
And oh my STARS, the noise. It's pouring rain as I type this, and they are still out there with the tractors and the yelling and the constant BEEP BEEP BEEP of the back-up alarms. It starts every morning just past 7 AM. I know that's when America wakes up, and I'm an ingrate for even wanting to be able to sleep at that hour. But hear me out.
I love my bed. I really like to sleep, too. And I don't HAVE to get up, so I usually don't. Doesn't mean I won't, if I have to. But most days, I'm a spoiled brat who gets to stay in bed until I feel like getting up. And when Bob and Sheri finally stop yakking away in the bathroom while my husband showers every morning from 5:30 to 6:30 AM ... that's when my REM sleep happens!
Not anymore, people. I can only imagine the sound of "quiet" anymore. BEEP BEEP BEEP.
-----
Bitch #2:
I have a STY. It started innocently enough, about 10 days ago. A tiny swelling on my right eyelid. For the last week, I haven't left the house ... afraid I would frighten small children and adults would be unable to stop staring. I have a huge, red, pulsating STY. For real, I haven't left the house since February 12th. This morning, I'm thinking that it might be a bit smaller, but it's probably just wishful thinking.
-----
That's all the bitchin' I can think of at the moment. Let's move on, shall we?
In case you missed it ... here's the latest visible evidence of what I like to call "The Crazy":
Bless her heart.
Night before last, I dreamed that I shaved my head, saying "It's already short ... what the hell difference will it make??" Then I got so upset, worried that everyone would think I was trying to be like Britney. "THE CRAZY"!
-----
Hey! I'm going to see Justin Timberlake in Atlanta with my daughter-in-law next week. How's THAT for "age-appropriate"?! Heeee.

No comments: