Thursday, May 18, 2006

"I have become comfortably numb ..."

At least that's what I was singing yesterday. An IV full of Versed and Demoral will do that to ya. My nurse gave me the very helpful hint that if I wouldn't try to talk while the scope was down my throat, that I wouldn't have a sore throat after it was all over. She was right! Not a hint of a sore throat anywhere. I'll have to share that with my friend Melony (who told me she had a sore throat for 2 days after her EGD) when I see her later today.

Jimmy dropped me off at home after it was over, and I slept like a baby all afternoon. Drugged sleep is good sleep.

This morning I went back to the hospital to square things away in the business office and bleed into tubes for the lab people. I found out that my surgery will be at 8:00 AM on Wednesday ... which means I have to be there at 6:15 AM. Ouch.

Weird Dawn Fact For Thursday: Every time I've had my blood pressure taken in the last few months ... and it's been a lot ... it's been running a bit high, 150/90, or something close to that. Today, the nurse took it twice to be sure: 98/65. WTF? She didn't seem too concerned, making some comment about how relaxed I was. What do I know? Maybe the Versed was still working.

-----

I have got so much to do between now and next Tuesday. I wonder if I'll stop procrastinating long enough to actually do any of it.

I'll have to get back to you on that. Hope you're all having a good Thursday. :-)

No comments: