I've been sitting here a while this morning, surfing around trying to find things to cure my blues ... you know, things that will induce some laughter or even a smile. I found this:
Add to My Profile | More Videos
... and now I have a crush on the guy in the video. But he made me smile. And laugh.
Jimmy is dying again. This time, it's not his back, it's the flu. Or a cold, disguised as the flu. (I suspect the latter, since we both had a flu shot 3 weeks ago.) He stayed home from work yesterday, and looks to be doing it again today. yay.
Oh yeah ... Happy Birthday, Jimmy! And Mary, Happy Birthday to you, too! Here's what Astrology.com thinks about the both of you:
Your personal ruling planets are Jupiter and Moon.
You are tolerant and forgiving, always ready to overlook mistakes and give others a second chance. You expect the best from people and draw it out of them, and you enjoy making others comfortable and happy. Because of your emotional generosity, your life is rich with friends, and often financial blessings as well.
You have a buoyant, cheerful disposition and reach out to others in a warm, open, friendly way. Your emotional generosity and lack of pettiness is well known among your circle of friends, and people often seek you out for help, sympathy, or advice. You are always willing to overlook others' faults, and you sometimes overdo your charitableness.
You are easygoing, agreeable, and tolerant, willing to overlook others' mistakes, forget the past, and begin again on a positive note. You enjoy making others comfortable and happy, and sometimes overdo your generosity. You often feel that "everything will turn out all right no matter what I do", and so become lazy and lackadaisical.
Your lucky colors are cream and white and green.
Your lucky gems are moonstone or pearl. Your lucky days of the week Monday, Thursday, Sunday.
Your lucky numbers and years of important change are 2, 11, 20, 29, 38, 47, 56, 65, 74.
Famous people born on your birthday include Amos Bronson Alcott, Louisa May Alcott, Adam Clayton Powell Jr. John Mayall, Jeff Fahey, Cathy Moriarty, Kim Delaney and Andrew McCarthy.
I have to say though ... parts of that don't really seem to fit with Jimmy's personality. The whole "emotional generosity" and "overlooking others' faults" thing ... not so much. But it DOES fit Mary, so maybe Jimmy works hard to hide that side of himself from me.
I wish he'd work as hard to cover his mouth when he coughs in the kitchen. *sigh*
Happy 49th, honey .... it's all downhill to that coveted AARP membership from here!
A survey seen on MySpace this morning:
1) Are you an Aunt/Uncle?
I am - I have two nephews and two nieces.
2) Can you do a cartwheel?
I doubt it. I haven’t tried in centuries; and my upper arms are so weak, they'd probably crackle into a zillion pieces if I were to try now.
3) What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
I can't remember ... maybe "Evening" last summer?
4) Do you eat vegetables regularly?
Ashamed to say, not nearly enough.
5) If you were going to get a body piercing, where would you get it?
I wouldn’t. No, thank you.
6) Do you ever hang out with someone of the opposite sex?
I hang out with my Jimmy occasionally. And my son, too.
7) What is the weather like right at this very moment?
Sunny and cold.
8) What is something you can’t wait for?
I can't wait to be finished with my Christmas shopping and decorating, so I can sit down and enjoy it.
9) How many times have you been to Canada?
10) Have you ever had a reptile as a pet?
Hell to tha NO!
11) What is your favorite fruit?
Right now, it's oranges ... we bought a big box from the Riverside Band. But I'm having hard time coming up with a fruit I don't like.
12) What song is on your MySpace profile right now?
"How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty. Yes, I'm over 35 and I have a MySpace page. Shut up.
13) Who was your last missed call on your cell phone?
14) Where are you most ticklish?
The arch of my foot, I think.
15) How many hours a week do you normally work?
16) Who’s your number 1 on myspace?
Emilie. I'm her number 137. Go figure.
17) Do you have deep dark secrets?
18) When was the last time you were sick?
I guess the last time I was reeeealy sick was in August, when I was dealing with the whole twisted intestine thing.
19) What color is your car?
White. With black scratches.
20) How many siblings do you have?
Two, both sisters. Unless you count the half-brother I've seen twice in my life, and the half-sister I've never met. In that case, it'd be four.
21) Have you ever gotten caught sneaking out?
Nope. Frances wasn't too strict with the rules.
22) Did you ever try running away from home when you were younger?
23) What makes you the happiest?
I'm happiest when everything is going along smoothly in my kids' lives.
24) How do you feel when you see a child at the store throwing a “Tantrum”?
Glad it's not my kid.
25) Where do you want to be right now?
Here is OK. Although I wouldn’t mind being on a warm white-sand beach with my toes in the blue water, either. In the recliner with Miss Squishy might be a nice place to be, too ... if her tummy's full and her diaper is clean.
26) Have you ever finished a Rubik’s Cube?
27) When is the last time you drank too much?
Friday, November 16th. Somebody kept buying rounds of Lemon Drops. It was not my fault.
28) When was the last time you rode a bike?
I cannot remember.
29) Do you have any vacation plans for this summer?
This summer? As in 6 or 7 months from now? I hope to be vacationing on St. George Island, along with Michael and Patti again.
30) Where were you 1 hour ago?
Sitting here, clearing the sleep out of my eyes, and looking for something to read.
31) Who will be your next kiss?
Jimmy and his germs are off-limits. I may kiss his cheek when I tell him "Happy Birthday" later. But it'll probably be when I kiss Emilie goodbye on Friday. I don't get many kisses.
32) Do you kiss a lot of people?
Just family. And the computer monitor when I find a new picture of Johnny Depp online.
33) Are you wearing socks right now?
No - I’m wearing warm slippers, but my feet are cold anyway, and the ceramic heater is blasting away, 12 inches from my feet.
34) When was the last time you went out of state?
In October, I went to North Carolina for the day with Laura and Melody.
35) Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
I have not.
36) What was the last thing you had to drink?
37) What are you wearing right now?
PJ's and slippers.
38) What was your last purchase?
Yesterday I bought a sweater at Ann Taylor Loft, miscellaneous crap at Target, and a few groceries at Publix.
39) Last thing you ate?
I had a bowl of chicken & dumplings for dinner last night.
40) Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
See above: Sweater at Ann Taylor Loft. I also bought a hoodie and some "Happy Pants" at Target. On Tuesday, I went to the consignment store to pick up this month's money, and I found a Gap sweater, an Eddie Bauer hoodie, and an Ann Taylor sweater ... all looked brand new, so all came home with me. Score!
41) Are you a sexual predator?
NO, I am not. Unless your name is Justin Timberlake.
42) What is in the backseat of your car?
A CVS bag with pink tissue paper in it, bought on that fateful "too much to drink" night I wrote about earlier. It was a friend's birthday party, and I stopped on the way there to wrap her little gift. And an umbrella. And probably the windshield thing that blocks the sun when I'm parked, which I hardly ever use.
43. Three words to explain why you last threw up?
Gastric By Pass.
45. What was the last movie you watched?
My last Netflix choice was a documentary called "Wordplay" ... about people who love crossword puzzles. Zzzzzzz. I'll be watching "Capote" in the next few days.
46. Do you think Barbie is a negative role model for kids?
No. I think Britney and Paris are.
47. What kind of car does your father drive?
When he was alive, he drove a clunker truck ... I have no idea what kind. He loved it.
48. Do you like scrabble?
49. Where did you attend high school?
Hardaway High School. Columbus, GA.
50. Favorite scent?
52. Last television program you watched?
South Park, last night ... a re-run about Mormonism (Dum dum dum dum dum). I was too sleepy to watch the 10 PM episode. If it was new, the DVR got it for me.
55. Does your family own any boats?
56. Something you can’t live without?
My family and friends.
61. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Driving to Garden Ridge for a job interview. They could only offer a seasonal job and it paid minimum wage. I didn't accept. I came home and watched the news coverage the rest of the day.
62. How often do you read books?
65. Describe the computer you are currently using?
Um. It’s a Dell computer. It’s about a year old, except for the monitor, which was made in 1710.
66. How long does it take you to get ready to go out?
About an hour, from the shower to the car.
67. Will you donate your organs after you pass?
68. Have you been outside of the USA?
Yes, to the islands we visited on our cruise.
69. Would you ever get your nipple pierced?