Monday, July 02, 2007

"I've got so much left to say ..."

Rainy Monday mornings always make me feel sorry for everyone who must get up and go to work. On the rare occasion when I have had to do it though, getting up and going to work on a rainy Monday morning made me feel like a part of the human race. So I guess it's not all bad.

And oh boy, do we need the rain.

-----

Hey, today is my nephew Josh's 25th birthday.
ACK! Time passes much too fast for my liking. Happy Birthday, Joshua D. I'm thinking about you today, and I hope your birthday is a good one. (I say that as if he actually reads this stuff. I know he won't. But maybe his mama or his sister will tell him I said "haaaay".)

-----

I had a marvelous Saturday, thank you for asking! Two friends (Mary & Susann) from Charleston came to town, and brought a third NEW friend (Kelly) ... and we spent most of the day gossiping and shopping. (my 2 favorite pastimes) Kathy and I had to laugh when, after a few wine samples at Whole Foods Market, we got a momentary little buzz ... gastric bypass patients are truly the world's cheapest dates.

Saturday night, we all met again at our favorite watering hole to celebrate Kathy's 29th (to the 5th power) birthday.


Pictured above: me, Marcey, Kelly, Kathy, Mary (half of her, anyway), Susann, and (standing) Debra

(I wish we had somehow managed to get a full group shot of everyone!)

Everybody who is anybody was there ... Jimmy even graced us with his presence for the last few hours of the party! Awww! He choked down the smoky bar atmosphere, and put up with the loud music to come and meet some of my buddies ... and he even DANCED with me for one song.
I know. Miracles never cease.

-----

This is the week that Brandy will have an ultrasound to determine the sex of the littlest one! I can't even express how excited I am!

By now, the baby is about 7 inches long, weighs about 11 ounces, and is tumbling around like a master gymnast. It's hard to believe that Brandy's pregnancy has already passed the halfway point, and in a matter of a few months we will have a new person in our family!

-----

Today the countdown begins for NEXT weekend. BEACH!!!!! BEACH!!!!! BEACH!!!!! We're heading to St. George Island, Florida to spend time with the best brother and sister-in-law in the world ... Michael & Patti! Whooo hoooooo!!! (All those exclmation marks means I really am looking forward to it.)

I want to leave the house clean though, so today I must focus on the chores. I bought a little plaque last week that says: "All work and no pay makes ... a housewife." It makes me chuckle a little, but I'm fully aware that my pay comes in the form of being able to do what I want, when I want. (I ain't stoopid.)

No comments: