Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Care to share your time with me? ..."

Good grief. I forgot my username and password to get in here. My bloggerbrain is broken, y'all.

We had a weekend. Emilie headed to Myrtle Beach to visit her college roommate. So then we stared at carpet samples, and discussed the insane notion that we could add a shower to the half bath downstairs before the new floor gets installed. Saturday evening, we grilled some brats and enjoyed dinner and Canasta with Adam and Brandy.

Sunday was the polar opposite. I woke up sick. And got sicker. Ended up in the ER, but left before I drank the contrast for a CT scan. I was feeling better, and decided it was stupid to pay for a test I probably didn't need. (I would have gone back in a split second if the symptoms returned.) I was sick enough for most of the day that, 2 days later, I'm STILL appreciating feeling OK. Bad Sunday.

Yesterday, I drove to Spartanburg to place the order for our $$$new floors$$$. They said it would be a 3-day installation, starting on August 14th. Whooo! I'll have to remember to take "before" pictures to document the incredible improvement this is going to be.

-----Rest in peace, Tammy Faye. I knew she wasn't long for this world when I saw her on Larry King last Thursday. I believe she was as genuinely sweet and silly ... and full of love ... as she appeared to be.

In other celebrity news: Lindsay Lohan was arrested this morning and charged with DUI, as well as narcotics possession and driving with a suspended license. Now THAT'S a shock. (Not.)

-----

Granddaughter-In-Progress Report:If we had a baby cam, we'd be able to tell exactly who she will look like. That beautiful face (though still tiny) is almost fully formed. She's gaining about 6 ounces every single week! Take a look at the checklist for this week: 1) ears: done; 2) fingernails: done; and 3) lungs walls: secreting “surfactant”... a surface-activated fat whose main purpose is to assist her little lungs during inflation. She's still breathing in amniotic fluid, preparing her lungs for an oxygen-filled life outside the womb. By the end of this week, she'll be weighing around 2 lbs and 14 inches long.

No comments: