Thursday, December 08, 2005

"What a cold and rainy day ..."

I guess I should stop getting my weather forecast from NOAA online. After I typed last night's entry, saying we'd have snow and sleet on Thursday, I went in to watch the news with Frances. John Cessarich (area weather expert) was saying we'd get nothing but afternoon rain, mixed with a little freezing rain. Maybe NOAA online is just slow on the uptake. Like me.

-----

I've been awake for hours, wishing I had a bottle full of Ambien ... instead of the measly 5 or 6 tablets I've got left. I'm saving those for when I REALLY need them.

-----

Frances received a sad phone call yesterday from a friend at home, letting her know an old friend had passed away. He had been suffering with Alzheimer's Disease for the last many years, and was in a nursing home in Athens, GA. He and his wife were close friends to my parents all through my growing-up years. I remember many late Saturday nights with the four of them laughing loudly, playing games and drinking. I hope that he's in heaven now with my Dad, playing a mean game of cribbage.

Rest in peace, Mr. G.

-----
"The color of the sky, as far as I can see, is coal grey.
Lift my head from the pillow and then fall again.
With a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
A quiver in my lips as if I might cry.
Well, by the force of will my lungs are filled and so I breathe.
Lately it seems this big bed is where I never leave.
Shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
Quiver in my voice as I cry,
What a cold and rainy day. Where on earth is the sun hid away.
I hear the sound of a noon bell chime.
Now I'm far behind."

No comments: