Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"Love and joy come to you ... "

I've been slack. So shoot me. It's Christmas.

Things are moving at warp speed around here this week. No time to sit here and write about the trivia that is my life. I'm sure I'll be back at it as soon as the Christmas Tornado passes on by.

I took Grandma F to see the doctor yesterday ... they did a chest x-ray, EKG, and drew blood. He said she had pneumonia in her right lung. :-( He showed me the x-ray so I could see what he called a tumor in the same lung. He asked how vigorously we would pursue treatment, and I told him not very. He wanted to talk to Jimmy, since he's got the POA. He prescribed antibiotic for 10 days, Lasix and potassium for a week (to bring the swelling down in her legs and feet), and a codeine cough medicine.

If I had time to sit here, I'd write the details of actually getting her to the doctor ... an adventure in patience on my part ... but I need to bake some Christmas Cake.

More later, after my house clears out again ...

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor poor poor poor mom, busy busy busy I never get to see her