Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Blue, like the winter snow in the full moon ..."

Cold toes here tonight. Cold nose, too. Weather guy says to expect a "wintry mix" on Thursday. I better go get bread and milk before it's all gone. Hmmm ... I'd rather have a beer.

-----

I got some major work done today toward all the Christmas shopping. I only have about 5 more things to go out and buy ... and then I have to wait and hope that all the packages arrive on time.

-----

"Hired Killers" arrived right on time this morning. He took a trap up to the attic, and immediately found a chipmunk in the corner. Yesterday, we determined (with Jimmy's help) that the critter couldn't be in the fireplace ... otherwise I could see him if I opened the damper. Jimmy's idea -- that the critter was in the attic, and had either crawled or fallen in between the chimney pipe and the chimney wall, down 2 stories to the metal firebox -- proved to be correct. When the Hired Killer saw the chipmunk, he asked me for a broom ... I guess so that he could live up to his company name. Much banging around ensued. Luckily for the critter, Killer came down from the attic emptyhanded.

So now there's a trap set in the attic, and they'll be back around Friday to remove said critter. I feel better knowing nothing is going to die, trapped in my wall somewhere.

-----

Dinner's on ... the house smells good ... cubed steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

-----

No visit to Grandma F today ... she called to tell me to come and see her when "Bright Eyes" would let me. I have no idea what she's talking about.

No comments: