Monday, March 22, 2004

There's somethin' about the southland in the springtime ..."

Well good grief. Two weeks went by without a journal entry here. I honestly don't know why time insists on flying the way it does.

I'm on the "big computer" now, as the laptop acquired some sort of spyware/wormy/virus thing last week. I'm too skeered to use it until it's rebuilt, so I'm back at the desk, using a real keyboard and mouse again.

----------

Last week was Spring Break at Clemson ... Emilie and I planned a little trip to Charleston. And I'm sooo glad we did. We left on Tuesday and returned on Friday, which was a nice amount of time to see some sights, shop a little, and even walk on the shore of Sullivan's Island. I enjoyed all of it ... but mostly I enjoyed the time with my baby girl. And now I know the secret of how to spook the hell out of Emilie: put on a pair of old-fashioned black granny boots and stand outside the bathroom stall when she's in it. ;-)

Getting around downtown Charleston involves finding a parking garage and then using the feet God gave you. We walked ... a lot. It had to be good for me. Of course, the secret would be to KEEP WALKING now that I'm home again. Uh huh.

----------

Sunday was the first day of spring. And Sunday night, the wind blew and the temps were in the 20's! But the leaves are peeking out, the jonquils are blooming, and the days are getting longer. I'll be sweatin' in no time.

----------

Back to work tomorrow. And that's enough said about that.

----------

Thought For Today:

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly." (Buddha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Southland in the Springtime....everything is yellow!
Southland in the Springtime...such a pretty song. I was just listening to that CD at work today - cool huh?
ALL THIS DAMD POLLEN IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME!!!!
I sneezed and blew my nose ALL DAY LONG. Now my nose is raw and I feel dehydrated. I bought some Benadryl on the way home from work, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Yes, Beth and I are speaking again. She said she's still mad but can't act mad forever. Besides, Tim left for PC Beach with a few of his friends for 3 days. She has to have "somebody" to talk to!! heh
I read your email letter just now. It made me laugh...brightest thing about this ole Monday.
Charleston sure sounds like it was loads of fun. I'm glad you got to go. I talk to Emmie last night for a few minutes in IM's. I told her to just ignore those bitch roomies of hers. Easier said than done, I know. I do love her so.
Better go eat now..brr its getting cold in this house. Is it ok to turn the heat on for one night?
xoxo Kay

Dawn said...

Emilie and I heard that song while eating at a restaurant in Charleston. It was all I could do not to sing with it and embarrass the girl. I used self-control, and just SPOKE every line aloud. (Poor Emilie!)
Love you.