Monday, November 03, 2003

"I go crazy ..."

Monday. Exhausted.

Jimmy was leaving on a jetplane by 5:30 AM, and I was at work at 7 AM. They had precious little for us to do today, so we had to spend hours "looking busy", which was a load of crap. The trucks won't arrive with merchandise until Wednesday morning, so they offered a day off tomorrow to all who were willing to work on Saturday instead. No way, Jose. I gots tailgating planned on Saturday.

So anyway, I guess tomorrow will be spent "looking busy" again ... probably a lot of cleaning bathrooms and the like. Cross your fingers that they will send us home early. Wednesday's gonna be a bitch.

----------

We had a few trick-or-treaters on Friday night ... most were scared away by our fanatical neighbors down in the cul-de-sac. They blasted Christian rock and preaching from sundown until after 9 PM. I wonder how many souls they saved. Grrrrr.

-----------

Saturday, my mother-in-law visited for 2 hours ... after hitching a ride up here with a trucker friend.

So that was fun. :-/

-----------

And we're not even going to discuss the Clemson/Wake Forest game. We're not.

----------

Sunday, Jimmy and I drove down to Clemson to hug our almost-birthday girl and take her to lunch. Don't know about the two of them, but I enjoyed every minute of it. We gave Em her birthday goodies, such as they were ... and bought her a few items of Clemson apparel from the shops downtown. (Cute hat!)

------------

I've been going to bed SO early ... this manual labor crap really tires this old fat lady OUT. I'll probably watch "All My Children" at 8:00 on SoapNet tonight, and it'll be lights out right after that. Zzzzz.

------------

So excited about the coming weekend ... Laura and Melody are driving up from GA to spend Saturday at the Clemson/Florida State game with me and the kids. Hopefully they'll arrive Friday night ... fun will be had by all! :-)

-------------

OK, I'm in need of soap and shampoo. See you tomorrow.

-------------

Outside My House Today:
High: 79
Low: 49
Sunny
(Meteorologist John Cessarich promises that this WILL be changing soon ... thank ya Jesus. November should be "crisp".)

-------------

Thought For Today:
"Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment."

No comments: