Monday, July 24, 2006

"Strong inside, but you don't know it ..."

Dear Anonymous Commenter/Tool Lyric Person: That's a really good song, lyric-wise. I want to live my life like that. Do I know you? ;-)

-----

Nice weekend --- Jimmy went boating on Lake Keowee with a neighbor on Saturday morning. He came back happy and sunburned. All the kids came for dinner on Saturday night, and a good game of Canasta followed. Sunday, Jimmy cleaned his truck and the motorcycle ... alllll dayyyyy longgggg. I read and did laundry.

-----

Today is my 2 Month "Surgiversary". I will weigh when I go to the support group meeting tonight, and hopefully I won't still be stuck at the same weight I've been for the last two weeks. I don't care whether a person has had weight loss surgery or not, it SUCKS to see the same number on the scale for weeks when you're doing everything right. Grrr.

-----

Sister Kay had her appointment with the surgeon ... her outpatient surgery will be on Wednesday, the 26th. The surgeon even told her that she will likely get the results by Friday this week. It's a relief to know that SOON we will know what's going on.

-----

Still adjusting to my new glasses. One of these days, maybe I'll post a picture of me in my new "Old Lady" look. The distance vision is great ... still not an expert at finding the spot I'm supposed to be able to read through. Ah well, the problems of the elderly ... *sigh*

-----

Emilie's leaving for her week in upstate NY on Friday. She's counting the hours. And hating her job with a passion. I pray every day that she can find something soon that won't cause physical pain and emotional upset. Keep on keeping on, Em ... bad times always give way to good, if you can wait it out. That's life, actually ... treading water through the bad stuff until the good stufff comes back around. I love you. :-)


No comments: