Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"Spiral out ... keep going ..."

Ahhh ... so it's just me and Amy here these days. Oh well, two's company!

Amy, thank you so much for the sweet comment you left me. I, too, wish I could have had this surgery (or lost the damn weight!) when my kids were young. I missed out on so much fun with them, either because I couldn't physically take part in it, or because I let my fear of being ridiculed take over and I just stayed home. I would LOVE to spend some time talking with your Mom ... I have a feeling we would have a LOT to talk about, not just gastric bypass! I hope you stop by here again soon, Amy. :-)


-----

Jimmy and I made a trip to GA over the weekend. I was a little nervous about how I'd handle everything (eating, not eating, feeling tired, etc.), but I did alright. Jimmy and Michael spent Saturday in the country, working hard at trying to straighten out their Mama's house. My mother-in-law had a major stroke at the end of June, and is now in a rehab facility in Phenix City, Alabama. I went to see her on Saturday with Patti, and on Sunday, all four of us spent a couple of hours with her. She still has little to no use of her left leg, but her left arm and hand have improved a lot. Still no clue what will happen when she is released from rehab in about 10 days. Nobody wants her to go back to the way she was living ... except her.

-----

In other stress-related news, Sister Kay is still waiting to learn whether she's going to be dealing with Sarcoidosis or Lymphoma. The first biopsy was inconclusive, so she's seeing a surgeon on Thursday to set up another type of biopsy.

-----

Went to a post-op support group last night ... but got way more "support" from our "Upstate Ladies" group that met at McAlister's Deli afterwards. I even ordered food! I got a baked potato with grilled chicken and cheese on top. I ended up just eating the chicken and some cheese, but it stayed where I put it, and tasted good.

-----

It's too damn hot!!! I crave November.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told mom about you having the surgery and she is so happy for you. She said that she would love to talk to you sometime. Brandy has all her info. I agree, you guys would probably have a lot to talk about other than that.

Glad that you were able to travel and everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.